11 December 2006

The night is far spent

During Advent, at some point we usually hear these words from Saint Paul:
...let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. (Rom.xiii.12)
In that spirit, I've decided to update my template. I've cast off the dark layout and put on a somewhat lighter one.

Actually, I had to. I opted to migrate to Blogger Beta, just like all the other kids seem to be doing. I knew if I didn't migrate now, Blogger would do it at some point automatically, without my say-so.

In order to take advantage of Beta's features I was gently ordered to update the layout to one containing new coding. I could have used one that looked the same as the Minima Black style I had before, but when I saw this white-brown-grayish one, called Rounders 2, I threw caution to the wind. The deciding characteristic of Rounders 2 for me was the nicely offset brown typeface used for blockquotes (see above biblical citation). One wants to make sure that the words of others are attractively distinguishable from one's own.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I knew if I didn't migrate now, Blogger would do it at some point automatically, without my say-so.

I have this same fear. How do you like it? I'm hesitant to migrate, but then I'm an uptight old fuddy-duddy.

Huomiseksi said...

It's very nice. I'm no advanced user, so I probably won't use all the new features. But I may use some of the flexible layout options. They seem to work well enough.

I was a little scared to take the plunge. I thought, "Now my blog and my Gmail account will be directly linked and Big Brother will pounce upon me and dissect all my private secrets and exploit me."

Even worse, I thought that the firewalls at my stupid temp job might block the Beta site, and I would no longer be able to read or post. Which would be dire, because I do most of my blogging while goofing off at work.

But so far so good. No disasters, no complaints.

Andy said...

Well, I've attempted to take advantage now of "new" Blogger's template options. Wish there were more of them, but I did what I could, me being an html idiot.

Happy New Year! Hope you had a great trip, and hopefully I will see you around soon.