09 October 2006

Starstruck

Today I think I saw a virtual celebrity. I'm pretty sure it was Andy, a blogger I really look up to.

We were walking in opposite directions, he with a man to whom he was talking, and I by myself, en route to a choir rehearsal. I surmised that Andy had just left Sunday morning service at his parish, the very parish I was about to enter.

Our eyes met for a moment. He may or may not have sensed that I was an admirer. I, not wanting to appear like some sort of 'autograph seeker'-type, averted my gaze and ducked into the entrance to the church house that was my destination. It wasn't the right moment to make an approach, especially since Andy was with someone.

I felt so shy. He-- a big star, and me, nobody.

2 comments:

DJRainDog said...

Hunny, didn't you meet Andy after the Mozart C Minor Mass last spring? He came with me to John St. (P.S.: Thanks so much for your recent note. It deserves better response than this. Perhaps I'll have a chance later tonight.)

Aethlos said...

Was it YOU ANDY? Has anyone checked this with andy? i can't wait to come to nyc to see him... he's a celebrity to me too.