09 March 2007

Self-intervention

I've become aware that reading the blogs of others is TAKING UP MORE OF MY TIME THAN IT OUGHT. So, in the spirit of giving up certain pleasures for Lent, I am going to declare one day per week "Blogs-Off-Limits Day." I haven't read anyone else's blog today. Instead of reading, I am posting.

I have a terrible itch today to check out the goings-on at, for instance, Fool's Gold Coast, except it's FORBIDDEN. Already I'm experiencing unpleasant withdrawal-like symptoms. But I'll soldier on.

Now then, I'm sure I have something interesting to say.
Er-

Well, Mr. Supersweetie and I went to Ikea this week and bought things. Our apartment is swiftly taking on a better appearance. Nothing's going to compensate for the fact that we need to apply a fresh coat of paint, though.

What else...
Um-

A friend of ours, named Tweet, is quitting his desk job to try his fortunes in the wildlife professions. He's moving away from Queens to spend the Spring bird-watching on Cape Cod. Professionally. For money. No, really. It's like something out of a novel, isn't it? Enviable Tweet.

Mr. Supersweetie and I went over to Tweet's apartment last night and helped ourselves to some of his discarded possessions. Tweet and I wear comparable clothing sizes, so I went home with a whole new wardrobe. Today, I've worn some of his nice desk job clothes to my temp job. Someone here remarked on the becoming shade of my shirt. It's pale green. Since I usually wear plain, no-fuss white shirts, today's shirt is a BIG contrast.

Not very interesting, am I.
I really don't deserve to blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me: you're not missing much.

Andy said...

You know, I'm jealous of Tweet. I have wondered if, once I arrive in Oregon, whether I might enjoy working for the Forestry or Park Services...maybe at a fish hatchery! I bet there's not a lot of drama at a fish hatchery.