10 November 2006

*tap, tap...* Is this thing on?

Judging by the intermittent flow of comments arriving at this blog, a few people are actually reading what I’ve posted. This means I’d better give them something new to read.

In the news:
I voted this week. Hip, hip, hooray for the Democrats. I guess I did my part.

I’m preparing to move in with Mr. Supersweetie. At the end of the month I leave Manhattan, where I have lived ALL MY LIFE, and set sail for Astoria, Queens. The distress of leaving the borough I call home is abating little by little with the help of Mr. Supersweetie’s love. In the meantime, anyone looking for an apartment share in Manhattan should be aware that my current roommate is looking for a replacement for me. Do contact me if you might be interested.

At the moment I am devouring the books of James Alison. Any further postings here on Penguin Great Ideas and Anglo-Catholics: What they believe will have to wait because all my powers of concentration are focused at the moment on Alison’s far-reaching vision of Christianity, gayness, and human conflict. Faith Beyond Resentment was a huge eye-opener, staggering. I wanted to re-read it and ponder it and write about it, but the impulse to move on to its sequel, On Being Liked, was too great to resist. And I’m so glad I didn’t -- it’s an even better book, taking up unanswered questions posed in the previous one.

He’s so good, I’d like to give you taste. I’ll quote him in a second posting.

No comments: